Support Workers - Care at Home - Edinburgh
Interested in exploring a career in social care? We would love to hear from you! This is an opportunity to join one of Scotland’s leading and most innovative care providers as a Support Worker. We have roles available across Edinburgh for experienced carers and those new to the sector.
If you have never worked in social care before, our excellent training and support structure could open up a whole new career for you in this exceptionally rewarding field.
If you are already an experienced Support Worker, then let us help you progress your career, either by funding your study towards your SVQ Level 3, or offering you bespoke management training.
Worried that you don’t fit the bill? Then, first of all, let us tell you some of the things you WON’T need to join Blackwood:-
- Previous experience or relevant qualifications – full training will be provided, including manual handling, food hygiene, first aid and many more;
- Your own transport – all calls are within walking distance, or accessible by public transport;
- Payment for your PVG or SSSC registration – all costs will be covered by us.
Now, what DO you need?
- A motivated, enthusiastic attitude with common sense and initiative;
- A passion for helping others and delivering high standards of care, including personal care;
- Ideally, availability for a minimum of 16 hours per week;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Basic computer literacy to use our state-of-the art on-line systems, for which full training will be given.
In return, we will offer you:-
- A competitive salary of £8.45 p/h, plus the opportunity to take on additional hours;
- A comprehensive benefits package including 34 days’ holiday p/a pro rata (including public holidays), pension, death in service and childcare vouchers;
- Payment of travel expenses, PVG and SSSC registration;
- Paid travel time between customers;
- First-class training and support at all stages of your career, with genuine prospects for career progression.
Blackwood is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome applications from ethnic minority groups. We will interview disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
If you are interested in being considered for these roles, or would like further information, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Stafffinders’ Care Team on 0131 225 6898.